My name is Kayla Thomson and I am a 22-year-old recent graduate from Ryerson University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in New Media Studies. During my undergraduate degree, I concentrated my studies on communications and innovative marketing techniques from design, implementation, and analytics, to marketing management. I have excelled in leadership within volunteering and holding positions with various organizations in communications coordination, event planning, and fundraising. A few examples of such being Communications and Events Assistant for the RTA School of Media at Ryerson University, Social Media Manager for Turkey Point Tourism, VP of Marketing for the RTA Course Union, and Ryerson University Alumni Relations Social Media Specialist, among others.
I am a dedicated individual who would love to help create material to reach a broader audience for your company's external communications, and increase employee engagement internally.
This is a collection of my past projects to showcase my talent.
Quick facts about me:
- I have Ocular Albinism
- I was born and raised in Norfolk County, Ontario (currently living in downtown Toronto)
- I played clarinet in high school for the Simcoe Composite High School concert and junior bands
- My favourite colour is blue
- I'm an Aquarius (if that matters to you)
- I love boating
- I am a huge Michael Bublé fan